Our Mission: The Gospel Coalition Arizona exists to equip pastors and their churches for gospel-centered ministry.
Who We Are
The Gospel Coalition | Arizona (TGC AZ) is a group of churches led by a Steering Team and a General Council. The Steering Team is responsible for planning annual events, coordinating Pastors’ Groups, and selecting members for the General Council. The General Council consists of the Steering Team and selected senior/lead pastors.
Each member church of TGC AZ participates in five ways:
- Affirms the The Gospel Coalition Confessional Statement.
- Commits to attending TGC AZ events and participating in a TGC AZ Pastors' Group.
- Promotes TGC AZ events in their congregations and with other pastors and their churches.
- Contributes $500-$1000 for operation expenses of TGC AZ events.
Click here for more information on how your church can join TGC AZ.
TGC AZ utilizes local conferences and pastors' groups to equip pastors and their church for gospel-centered ministry.
Have you ever been to a great conference and wished you could afford to take your whole church to it? Do you wish there was a venue for you to hear strong preaching from visitng preachers? We do too! As a pastor, you want your people to hear good things. It's also nice for them to hear those things from others besides you and in addition to you. Of course, pastors need to hear strong teaching as well. That's why TGC AZ hosts annual conferences to bring more quality teaching to Arizona. So far we have had:
- Reverb (2011) with Mark Dever, Jonathan Leeman, and Ryan Townsend.
- Reality Check (2013) with Mike McKinley and Wayne Grudem.
- What Did You Expect & Dangerous Calling (coming January 24-25, 2014) with Paul David Tripp.
Senior/Lead pastors have questions as unique as their personalities. We have found great benefit in getting Senior/Lead pastors together in a room monthly over the past 3 years. Currently we have like-minded pastors from a variety of traditions including: Non-Denominational, Southern Baptist, Sovereign Grace, Acts 29, 9 Marks, Calvary Chapel, etc. Each of us are gospel-centered, complementarian, and committed to expositional preaching as the mainstay of our people’s spiritual diet.
TGC AZ Pastors’ Groups meet monthly for 1.5 hours to do three things: pray, have strategic conversations, and encourage one another. A typical meeting begins with each pastor sharing how God is at work in their family and their church. Next the group will pray for one another. Finally, the group will discuss a theological or practical ministry question which a member of the group has emailed to everyone else prior to the meeting. Past topics include:
- How to balance family life and church life?
- What is your philosophy for small groups and how do you structure them?
- How do you plan your preaching calendar for the year?
- Do you have Membership Classes, and, if so, how do you conduct them.
The benefits of these groups have been incalculable. With over 6 million people in Arizona, there is a great deal of work to be done. By God’s grace we can do much together as we partner in the gospel. If you are interested in joining the group or helping us start more groups in the valley, please contact us.